Course OverviewVetting is an essential intelligence operation for all law enforcement and public authorities. Theconsequences of getting vetting wrong can be severe and tragic as has
Vetting is an essential intelligence operation for all law enforcement and public authorities. The
consequences of getting vetting wrong can be severe and tragic as has been proven
repeatedly in 2021. Now more than ever information held on the internet and Web is critical to
the vetting process. Whether your vetting requirement is for recruitment, ongoing
employment, licensing (alcohol, firearms etc) the internet & web should feature in the process
Our three day Internet Intelligence & Investigation – Vetting course is designed to help
develop and improve the online research capabilities of staff completing intelligence
operations for the purpose of vetting.
III-Vetting aims to provide the confidence, skills and knowledge for Vetting officers to deploy
online with a secure methodology. To conduct probing research and analysis of online material
for vetting operations and to produce reports of findings to assist with decision making.
The course has been designed for staff employed in a variety of vetting roles within law
enforcement and public authorities, including, but not exclusively, recruitment, continuous
employment vetting, firearms and licencing application vetting.
III-Vetting course is suitable for people with little or no previous online investigation/research
experience. However, delegates should be comfortable using computers and have some
experience using the internet and Web (personal use experience is fine). Proficiency in using
social media is advantageous but not essential.
This course is delivered exclusively using the Long Arm® platform.
The course is suitable for both those who will have access to Long Arm® following the course
and those who will utilise other systems to access the internet.
• Introduction to III for Vetting Officers
• Safe & Secure Online Deployment Methodology (inc. Long Arm®)
• Browser & Search Engine setup
• Captis Pro – Gathering and Capturing Web based information
• Advanced internet search techniques.
• Identifying and analysing an applicant’s social media footprint.
• Social media search techniques.
• Searching the wider web (Websites, Business, Blogs, Market places) and additional
online research opportunities.
• Image and Video research and analysis techniques.
• Investigation profile creation methodology.
• Analysing and flagging research findings
• Preparing reports and recommendations.
Course Location: Vestigo HQ, Liverpool City Centre
Course Cost: £750 + Vat per person.
19 (Tuesday) 9:30 am
Vestigo Consulting0344 247 0115 | firstname.lastname@example.org